Sunday, October 10, 2010

BAKERELLA

I was sooooo excited when I heard Angie of Bakerella was coming to Walnut Creek, CA for her book signing!!! I FINALLY met the cake pop QUEEN last Friday!!! I almost didn't go because I had no babysitter! Luckily my mom was off on vacation last week! Whew! It was meant to be! LOL! 
For those of you who haven't heard about her (but I'm sure EVERYONE does!) she came out with her first book of cake pops. There's a bunch of how-to's for cake pops including the BASIC cake balls. Her blog is AMAZING! Wonderful pictures that show each steps! 
I was the 11th in line! I went by myself...the fans in line were GREAT, we all chatted and shared some tips while waiting! =) The William Sonoma staffs were great too, they came out and served us some FRESH pumpkin treats!
Isn't she cute! She took the time to answer Q&A! I was so busy taking pictures that I didn't even hear all the questions! =P 
I caught her doing her famous "hand in the air"! HEHE! 
got a picture of Julie too! =) 
I was so nervous! My heart was beating...my first book signing with my idol! She inspired ALL the cake pops that I make, I mean ALL!!! 
I said "I love your page!" I really meant to say "I love your blog, love all your work, you're so amazing!" I was so nervous that that was all I said to her! I'm thinking to myself after..."OMG..really...that's all I could say!?" hehe!
Since I was there, I got my daughter a book signed too. Jaela is only 1, almost 2 years old...Hopefully when she gets older, she'll enjoy this book. Maybe she will be one of the only girl in her generation to have an autograph book from Bakerella's FIRST book =) I know by that time Bakerella would have a 100 books! =P

It was nice to meet you Angie! =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Total Visits